Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Open Faced Hummus Pita Sandwiches

I am always looking for super simple, healthy meals. A few years ago one of my friends gave me this idea while we were camping. The funny thing was that I forgot all about it until we planned a camping trip a few weeks back. These are so flavorful and delicious. And the possibilities are endless with toppings and flavors.


Open Faced Hummus Pita Sandwiches

Whole Wheat Pita Bread (you can also use naan or any other flat bread)
Your Favorite Hummus (I use Trader Joe's Original)
Sliced Red Bell Peppers
Basil Leaves

Spread the hummus on your bread, top with bell peppers and broken pieces of basil leaves. You could really use any toppings you think would go well with hummus. Carrots, celery, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.

Give it a try! You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment