Saturday, October 15, 2011

Graham Cracker Apple Crisp

Here's another great Fall recipe for you! A couple of weeks ago my son and I went apple picking with some friends. We picked up a bucket full of apples and are still working on using them up. I think we have maybe gone through half of them. In my efforts to use them up I made my first ever apple crisp. And boy was it a little slice of heaven.

I searched for a recipe and found one from a website that I love, Your Homebased Mom. Leigh Anne of course has prettier pictures of this beauty on her website so go check it out HERE. I have tried many of her recipes and have always been impressed with the yumminess that comes from her site.

And of course, DO NOT forget to pair this with a delicious scoop of vanilla ice cream. Costco is my favorite brand that we can buy locally. It is super creamy and delicious. But I would recommend Blue Bell if you are able to buy it near you.


Note: I did change the title of this recipe for my own memory so that I will remember that this delicious recipe has graham cracker crumbs in the crisp. It is divine - I promise!

Graham Cracker Apple Crisp

4-6 large Granny Smith apples (I actually used Golden Delicious apples and it turned out great)

8 graham crackers

3/4 C brown sugar, packed

1/2 C rolled oats (I used quick oats)

1/2 C flour

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/2 C butter, melted

Peel, core, slice apples. Finely chop graham crackers (I use my food processor). Combine crumbs, sugar, oats, flour and spices. Add butter; mix well. Spoon mixture over apple slices.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. Heh, heh...we just had Apple crisp too! I didn't really use a recipe...and then it ended up too sweet! Ahh! Whoops! Oh well, Nick still liked it.

    ReplyDelete