Monday, January 30, 2012

Andes Mint Fudge - Not Just for the Holidays!

Since I didn't get around to posting Holiday things in December I am going to do a couple of catch up posts. We had a lot of sickness in our family the first couple of weeks of December so I spent my time taking care of my poor sick little boy instead of baking for neighbor treats. By the third week of December I was really getting the baking bug so I whipped up some easy fudge to put us all in the Christmas spirit.


I found this fudge over at MADE. It was a guest post during her Christmas "Sweets & Treats" countdown. I loved the idea of how simple it was and I wanted to test it out to see if it was really good.


And it definitely was! Thankfully I gave most of it away, otherwise I probably would have eaten it all myself. Here's the recipe:

1 bag chocolate chips (the original recipe calls for semi-sweet, but I ALWAYS prefer milk)
1 bag Andes Mint chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Mix it all in a bowl, pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes on high. I stirred it around about halfway through. Then pour it into an 8x8 or 9x9 greased baking dish. Let it set up for a few hours (or put it in the fridge until it's set up), cut into cubes, and enjoy.

Fudge is usually something I would only make at Christmas time, but since this recipe is so easy and super good I think I will be making it more than once a year. I will admit that this fudge is not better than my original "Fantasy Fudge" recipe, but it sure comes close given how simple it is to make. Next time I make my original fudge recipe I will share it on the blog.

1 comment: