Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lemon Poppy Seed Cake


This cake is simply delicious! If you like lemon anything then you will love this cake! I took my tried and true Poppy Seed Cake recipe and used lemon ingredients instead of the regular yellow cake mix and french vanilla pudding. The idea came from my genius of a mother! You really must try this cake!

1 – 18 oz pkg. lemon cake mix

3 ¼ oz pkg. instant lemon pudding mix

4 eggs

1 cup sour cream

½ cup water

1 teaspoon lemon extract

½ cup melted butter

¼ cup poppy seeds

1 tablespoon flour

Combine cake & pudding mixes, eggs, sour cream, butter, water, & poppy seeds in large bowl with electric mixer. Blend well on low speed. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Pour into Bundt pan – bake at 350˚ for 40 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

  1. Looks really good! I might have to try this too. One day though. (I need to lose about 40 pounds first though!)

    ReplyDelete