Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cornbread

It has been a while since I have had a chance to post on this blog. I have so many projects, recipes, and crafts to post. Hopefully I can get caught up this month.

For starters I wanted to share my favorite cornbread recipe! It is quick, easy, and truly the best cornbread ever!

Once you try this cornbread you'll never be satisfied with any other recipe. It is so sweet and delicious that you could serve it as dessert with chili or any other meal you wish. I often make it without the brown sugar topping and top it with butter and honey instead (as pictured above). Either way is tasty!

1 cup flour
1 cup yellow corn meal
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil for a healthier spin)

1. Mix all ingredients together
2. Pour in greased 8'' x 8'' pan
3. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes
4. Remove from oven and mix 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 tbsp melted butter to sprinkle on top

Note: This cornbread is so good that I usually make a double batch and bake it in a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.

1 comment: