Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This year for St. Patrick's Day I wanted to try something festive for dinner, but I couldn't really come up with anything fun. I ended up serving tortellini pasta with alfredo sauce, peas, and a spinach salad with fruit. Dessert is where I got pretty festive!


Yellow cake with chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles! But it's not just any yellow cake...


It's green! I used green food coloring to create a green cake! I love how it looks on the inside with the chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles! And it was delicious! Sometimes the traditional yellow cake is the best way to go!

Hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day! Next year I am hoping to be much more festive! I suppose I should do a bit more research on what the Holiday is actually about!

No comments:

Post a Comment