Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Parmesan Breadsticks


All I can say about these breadsticks is Yum, Yum, Yum! My husband and I couldn't stop eating them. You must try this great recipe, it is quick and easy and they are a perfect addition to any pasta meal! (Recipe from The Sister's Cafe.)

1 ½ cup warm water
1 Tablespoon yeast
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 ½ cup flour
½ tsp salt
4 Tbsp butter (may need a little extra)

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar and let it sit and bubble for a few minutes. Add the salt and flour. Knead dough for 3 minutes. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes. (I did all of this in my Kitchen-Aid mixer) Melt 3-4 Tbsp of butter and pour most of it onto a cookie sheet. Roll dough to about the dimensions of the cookie sheet. Cut to desired width (I did them pretty thick), then twist or lay flat on cookie sheet. Brush remainder of butter on breadsticks and sprinkle with garlic salt, parmesan cheese, and parsley. Raise for 10-20 minutes. Preheat your oven to 375 and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden (It only took about 15 minutes for mine to turn golden brown).

No comments:

Post a Comment