Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My First Sewing Project

Since I am a new craft blogger I thought I would share my very first sewing project from from a while back.


My first time sewing (yes I chose probably one of the hardest projects to begin with) was when I reupholstered our dining room chairs. We inherited a beautiful heirloom dining room set from my grandparents when we got married. It's in pretty good shape but the chairs were badly in need of recovering. I searched for fabric for over a year before I finally made my decision. I began and finished them almost 2 years ago and I am still loving the way they look! Here's a zoomed in shot:


They turned out wonderfully. My mother-in-law is an interior designer so she helped me make a pattern from the old chair cushions. The piping was the hardest part but I think I managed quite well for my first time. At least most of the mistakes are not visible!

What was your first sewing/craft project?

No comments:

Post a Comment