Monday, February 15, 2010

Cravings

For those of you who are pregnant, or have ever been pregnant, you will probably understand the feeling of CRAVING something specific. With this pregnancy I have found that my constant CRAVING is green apples. I cannot get enough of them. They are an everyday thing as of late! While I was looking at delicious food blogs I came across this idea from Picky Palate.


She used different ingredients for her sandwich, but I just used what I had and it was incredible. Slice a quarter of an apple (green or red, whichever is your favorite) as thin as you possibly can. Grate your favorite kind of cheese (I used Tilamook Colby Jack flavor). Butter the outsides of two slices of bread (I used a multigrain and it was delicious). Place one slice, butter side down in your skillet. Layer with grated cheese, sliced apples, then another light layer of grated cheese. Add second piece of bread with butter side up and brown on each side of the sandwich. Cut in half and serve with Honey Dijon Mustard and the remainder of your apple! Yum, yum, yum! I think I need one right now!

PS: If you're like me and were not aware that dijon mustard usually has alcohol in it then I would like to warn you they do. If you are okay with this then no problem, but due to my religious beliefs I do not consume any alcohol. Therefore, I searched and found one brand/type of dijon mustard that does not contain alcohol. It is French's Honey Dijon Mustard. Most store bought salad dressings also have alcohol in them so make sure to check if you do not wish to eat foods with alcohol in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment