Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fabric Easter Baskets

I saw THESE beautiful Easter Baskets on the Moda Bake Shop website. I completely fell in love with them and knew that they were the project I was waiting for! Vanessa from V and Co. was the genius behind the design.


I made some minor adjustments to the tutorial. Instead of hand sewing the entire basket I began to get impatient and decided I would try using a glue gun! It was so much quicker and I think they will hold up longer because I used the glue gun. I also didn't want to purchase a honey bun (because I think they are too expensive) so I went to the fabric store and purchased my own fabrics and cut them out myself. I bought 5 different fabrics for each basket and cut out 8 strips, measuring 44" x 1 1/2", from each fabric. I actually bought 1 yard of each type of fabric, but I only used 1/3 yard for each basket. Then I had 3 left over strips from each fabric so I will definitely be making more baskets once we have our little guy and hopefully other children as well.


Anyway, here's the "blue" basket for my husband! Our baby boy's will be the same blue and green color scheme.


And here's my girly version! I used the same green polka dot fabric in both baskets to help tie them together better!

PS: I am estimating that each basket cost approximately $8.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment