Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lemon Poppy Seed Bread

I saw this delicious recipe from Your Homebased Mom and knew that I had to try it! I love poppy seed anything, but especially lemon poppy seed bread! It was delicious! We kept two mini loaves and gave away the other two! I think 4 loaves was a bit much for just me and my husband!


Lemon Poppy Seed Bread

Land O’Lakes Best of Baking Recipe Collection

2 1/4 C all purpose flour

1 1/4 C sugar

1 C butter, softened

3/4 C milk

3 eggs

2 Tbsp poppy seeds

1 Tbsp freshly grated lemon peel

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

Glaze

1/2 C sugar

3 Tbsp butter, melted

4 tsp lemon juice

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of four (5 1/2 x 3 inch) mini loaf pans. Set aside.

Combine all bread ingredients in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until well mixed.

Spread batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Stir together all glaze ingredients in small bowl. Drizzle over warm bread loaves. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.

1 comment:

  1. this looks so so yummy. when i get settled into my new place i am totally trying this!

    ReplyDelete