Monday, February 28, 2011

Blueberry Waffles

Lets face it. My husband is OBSESSED with blueberries. He loves anything and everything blueberry. So...I made him blueberry waffles. I randomly found this recipe somewhere online (if it is yours let me know so I can give you credit). I really like it a lot because of the addition of the cinnamon flavor.


Blueberry Waffles

2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp white sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup blueberries

Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Mix in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon just until smooth. Let sit 10 minutes then fold in blueberries. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.

Top with butter, syrup, fresh blueberries (or strawberries), and powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment