Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy V-Day!

Happy Valentine's Day blog world. It has been busy around here since the start of the year but I have a few yummy recipes to post about soon. And I have a million friends having babies in the months to come so I am cooking up all sorts of crafty ideas for baby showers and gifts. Plus at some point I will actually get some of my sewing projects on my to do list done and posted. Here's what we enjoyed doing for Valentine's Day.


I made heart shaped pancakes from scratch. The recipe was quick, easy, and delicious. Then I warmed up some frozen strawberries over the stove and blended them up to make a yummy, quick strawberry sauce (it's just not Valentine's Day without something strawberry).


Then I also used my heart shape pancake molds to make heart shaped scrambled eggs. Cheesy, I know. But fun and yummy. I figured this was my year to play around because my son is not old enough yet to eat these things, let alone care about them. Next year I want to do THIS surprise breakfast, from Our Best Bites (I hope my husband doesn't read this), if I can manage to ever wake up before my husband. It looks so fun!

The rest of our day was pretty normal, except dinner went in the oven around 6:00 PM (talk about LATE), then just before it was coming out my husband was called to help give a blessing to a boy who is sick (learn about blessings HERE if you don't know what I am talking about). Thus it is almost 8:00 PM and we are just about to sit down to a fantastic dinner. Pictures and recipe to come tomorrow! Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Your such a great wife! But blessings are worth late dinners! Hope you had a great Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete