Saturday, February 19, 2011

My First Chocolate Cake

I saw this chocolate cake over at The Sisters Cafe and decided I would attempt to make my first ever chocolate cake. I have never really enjoyed chocolate cake - I am more of a white cake girl - but I have to admit that this cake was oh so good. It was moist and chocolaty (is that a word?) in all of the right ways. I skipped the make your own frosting step and used a can of store bought, but it turned out delicious anyway.


The sunset was particularly lovely the evening I made this cake. Aren't those colors beautiful?

Super Moist Chocolate Bundt Cake

1 Devils Food cake mix
1 4 oz. serving instant chocolate pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I always use olive oil)
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I always use Milk Chocolate)

Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a large mixing bowl. Blend with electric mixer for 1 minute. Stir down sides. Continue to mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake 45-50 minutes at 350. Cool 20 minutes. Invert onto serving platter and spread with chocolate frosting.

For the homemade version of chocolate frosting go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment