Thursday, February 24, 2011

Baby Shower


I hosted a small baby shower last night for a friend. She is having her third baby but it is the first girl so she definitely needed pink and girly things!


The decorations were super simple. I put together some tissue pom poms to hang from our ceiling fan. And I used my gift (a diaper cake) as the centerpiece for the goodies (sorry the lighting is terrible).


I made chocolate covered strawberries, sugar cookies (previously posted HERE), and my absolute favorite peanut butter cookies with kisses on top.


I did the diaper cake a bit different than I have done in the past. I made 12 cloth diaper burp clothes (previously posted HERE) and used those as the bottom and top layers to add color. I also LOVE the crepe paper roses that I saw HERE and added them around the cake for added cuteness. I think next time around I'll add a tiny little tissue pom pom on top as a cake topper.


Close up of the tissue pom poms.


And the recipe for the cookies:

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup butter – softened 1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup brown sugar 1 cup creamy peanut butter

2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla

2 ¾ cups flour ½ tsp salt

2 tsp baking soda 1 – 12 oz package peanut butter chips

(or chocolate kisses to put on top)

Thoroughly cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Stir in peanut butter. Add flour till well blended then add chips. Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.

*If using Hershey's Kisses then skip the "add chips" step and scoop onto cookie sheet. As soon as you pull them out of the oven press 1 Hershey's Kiss into the center of each peanut butter cookie. They will be soft at first but will harden slightly as they cool.

**These are the BEST, MOISTEST peanut butter cookies ever. They do not dry up and crumble after the first day. And I love them!



No comments:

Post a Comment